Pages

09/04/2015

Minimalist face





We all have those days where we have nothing planned other than staying at home and studying/working. On most of these days, I go makeup free, to let my skin breathe (is that a myth?) as well as to avoid the hassle that is taking my makeup off at night. But some days, when I don't feel like getting out of my PJ's, I just need something to get my head out of my arse, and in front of my computer. I've found that getting dressed and putting on a little bit of makeup helps a lot with productivity (she says whilst watching « Girls », all day), and who knows, mabye I'll actually see someone at some point in the day ? (mmmmm no way). But anyways, here's the look I've been going for latey when I needed to feel like I looked decent but couldn't be bothered.

I started by applying my « Maybelline dream pure BB» BB cream, which is the only BB/CC/DD cream/tinted moisturizer (wow, marketing, you're going too far!) I use, and it does the job. It's very light weight (as you would expect from a BB cream), slightly moisturizing, but not shiny. It also says it has anti-blemish properties (not sure about that, but it doesn't break me out). The dowsides to this product are 1 : that you really have to work it into your skin, or it can look streaky and 2 : that it only comes in three shades (hey for 11,50€, it couldn't be perfect). I followed up with a tiny bit of Rimmel's « Wake me up » concealer under my eyes, on my veiny eyelids and on any blemishes that might have popped up on that day, to avoid looking like a zombie. And (I know I shouldn't start sentence with « and » but hey, grammar!) I topped it all off with a light dusting of my trusty (and budget friendly ) Rimmel « Stay Matte » translucent powder on my T-zone.
Since looking like a ghost wasn't my goal, I added a touch of Maybelline's « Dream Soft » blush in peach on my cheeks to give them a healthy peachy glow. If you have been traumatized by the evil « Dream matte mousse »  foundation (I will NOT link it!), know that the cream blushers from the same line are actually quite nice to use and apply smoothly.

I kept the eye look extremely basic, by just doing a cat-flick using my all time favorite and nearly dried out «Super Liner Perfect Slim » by L'Oréal, before adding a couple coats of the brands « Miss Manga » mascara, which is nice, but far behind my « They're Real ». I highlited my inner-corner and brow bone using a sparkly white shadow (mine is from « The Balm's Nude Tude » but any should work).
Speaking of eyebrows, I used my Soap and Glory « Archery brow pencil » to frame my face in two minutes. This stuff is the bomb ! It's super quick and easy to use, has the right amout of pigmentation, is from the drugstore... anything you might want, basically !

Since my lips were suffering from the changing season, I added a touch of my Nivea « Raspberry Rosé » lip balm, as a final touch. It smells divine and moisturizes without being uncomfortable or sticky.


That's it! I Hope you enjoyed this minimalistic makeup look and please tell me, which products do you reach for when you're not feeling makeup creative or you are just staying at home ?

See you soon,

Maddy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC